Friday, October 7, 2011

Joseph Sorrentino Photography Friday October 7th 7-9 pm


Friday October 7th 7-9 pm
Joseph Sorrentino Photography
First Friday Art Opening at Crossroads Coffeehouse
752 S. Goodman Street
 
Crossroads is jumping on the first Friday band wagon here in ROC. We look forward to sharing the incredible visual arts in our  community with you. Come and enjoy some coffee and treats the first Friday of every month at Crossroads.
   -Cailin and Charlie, Crossroads Coffee House

Mexico in Black and White and Color

For my first trip to Mexico, in 1977, I brought 50 rolls of black and white film and 5 rolls of color. I'm a documentary photographer and prefer black and white for my work. By my third trip, I was bringing 100 rolls of each. During that trip, I started to learn how to take photographs of the amazing colors and textures in Mexico and eventually even photographed people in color. My primary work in Mexico is documenting life in el campo where people are literally struggling to survive. But it would be a mistake to close my eyes to the beauty that exists alongside the poverty.
   -Joseph Sorrentino

No comments:

Post a Comment